Friday, October 16, 2009

To Do List

I can't believe it's almost two weeks till Halloween. This year has gone by faster than any other I've known. I've also noticed when it hits this point it get to what I like to call the point of no return. Kind of like when you reach the peak of a roller coaster and start zooming down to finish the ride.

So, Jeff's birthday is tomorrow and that starts it all off. Then I have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. On top of all that we are trying to sell our house. I'm not stressed though. I feel excited and happy. I love the holidays and nothing other than perhaps the location is going to change. Even if things don't turn out the same, it's still OK. We're good.

Well anyways, I thought I'd post my list of things I need to do in the next two weeks. I was thinking of my SIL Lisa today, she's sick, and I remembered her love of lists, thus inspiring this post. Here goes....

1. Make Lindsay's Halloween costume

2. Make Abbey's Halloween costume

3. Buy last remaining parts to Lindsay's costume with coupon that I'm waiting for

4. Get Jeff a birthday present and wrap it

5. Make Jeff a beautiful lemon cream cake (we'll see on this one)

6. Get food for Jeff's birthday dinner

7. Get pumpkins and carve into fabulous Jack O Lanterns

8. Go to final ward party...our ward is being split...Lame

9. Buy Halloween Candy

10. Put up Halloween decorations (we need to wait till the day of or the one before)

11. Make Halloween treats for our own consumption and for friends

12. Plan and execute the Halloween party the girls both want to have (we'll see on this one too)

13. Blog more frequently...with pictures

14. Try to find time to work on my first quilt

15. Try to attend a baby shower. Gas might be too much. Might just send gift

16. Start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner

I think I'll try to make these themes for posts. Well, maybe. We'll see about that too.

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Wow, sounds like you'll be busy. But then again, they all sound like pretty enjoyable things to me!

Marilyn said...

Heidi, I love posts like this. Maybe it's the voyeur in me, but I like seeing what is on other people's plates.

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture on your sidebar and the very clean, streamlined look on your blog.

Terri said...

You are going to be a busy woman in the next few weeks! Hopefully the house will sell quickly and at a good price so you won't have to worry about that!

Lisa Christine said...

I do love lists :) And yours is full of fun things to do!

Stephanie said...

I agree sounds like fun to me. Lots of fun accomplishments in your mind.

SuzanSayz said...

I was just at Walmart and they had all kinds of striped tights for like 2 bucks. Just in case you haven't gotten them for the girl's costumes yet.