Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Seattle Part One

We went and had ourselves a lovely vacation. Seattle was the destination. We took the girls to the aquarium, zoo, and the science center.

The day we went to the aquarium was really the only summer like day we had in Seattle. It was really nice though. We went down to the piers and it took us a good 40 min to find a parking spot. We finally got one in front of the Ye Olde Curiosity Shop. That worked out great because that was going to be our last destination for the day.

I can say that our solid favorites were the seals, otters, octopus, and the touching pool...or whatever it's called.
We then explored the piers. We found some cool shops and a carousel. I just can't ride them. Put me on any roller coaster or thrill ride and I'm fine. Put me on a carousel? I'm going to barf, can't do it!
The Curiosity Shop is always a winner. We made sure to have enough quarters to do all of the cool vintage coin op stuff. I think we all liked the fortune teller the best.
Later we went back to the hotel and swam for close to two hours. It was the best way to unwind after walking all day, my feet hurt, bad. The hot tub was nice and miracle of miracles I got Jeff into it too. Jeff hates hot tubs and he insists anyone that has taken microbiology would share the same opinion. The hotel had nightly fresh baked cookies that were ready after our swim. Ahh, gotta love a vacation!

5 comments:

David said...

1st!

Melanee said...

So good to see you again. Did you get my emails?

andrea said...

glad you had a holiday :)

Amy said...

My goodness that can't be Lindsay in those pictures. That girl in the pictures looks too old. Where is the little girl I knew? :)

LKP said...

hmmmmm.....how did i not read this vacay report earlier?! my goodness. anyhow, wanted to pop on here and see if there were any good birthday details to be shared as well. hope it was a spectacular birthday, ms. heidi-D! ::giggle:: i love how that sounds, rolling off the tongue: heidi-D! that's it. you just rock! ::hugs::