Monday, June 8, 2009

It's comming to an end.

Another school year has come and almost gone. Abbey and Lindsay celebrated early last week when their school held the annual Jelly Bean Field Day on Thursday. We joined them for lunch and they had fun activities all day. The biggest and most hyped being the tug of war. Each of their classes won once. Yay!

Friday was Pajama Day. Lindsay and Abbey had planned just the right jammies for the day. Latter that evening Abbey was going to the 5th grade lock in. Dropped her off at 7pm and picked her up at 7am. There was dinner and snacks, movies, games, and all of the kids from the 5th grade to hang out with. Teachers and parents were there for supervision. I wish she had gotten some pictures, but alas there are none. I can't help but think that these are memories that will last forever.

Lindsay will return to do the 4th grade, but my first baby will never go back. She is crossing over to middle school. I know that a chapter is closing in my mother novel and it makes me sad. I know that there are new things to experience and enjoy, but that doesn't really cheer me up.

Not to fret quite yet though, cuz the summer is going to be fun. I've planned some great stuff and I'll be sure to post about them. For now, here's what they chose for PJ day.


Yes, those are claws that Lindsay made out of paper.

It was hard to get a good shot of Abbey. She has no patience for pictures, this is the best one.


5 days left

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the year end parties. School has been out here since last Monday. Have a fun summer.

p.s. How is your foot/toe?

Jan said...

I hear laughter at your house for 3 months straight. Have a great time this summer.

Brooke said...

A 5th grade lock-in sounds so cool! I loved lock-ins, our church did one or two every year... oh, to be a kid again. Good thing we have our own kids to live vicariously through, right? :)

David said...

we even had pajama day in high school

David said...

are my clicks helping your adsense balance?

Jones Crew said...

YEAH SUMMER!!!!!!

SuzanSayz said...

I love when schools put on special activities. They really are some of the few things kids will remember forever.

Terri said...

How fun - aren't you glad summer is almost here? :)

Stephanie said...

Heidi,
The funny thing is Oy (she could afford any wok she wants) doesn't own a wok. She has a favorite old frying pan. So don't let a wok stop you from some good eating.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I can't wait for summer, it is busy but so nice to have sunshine :)

Hug our girls, and yes there are plenty more memories to come after primary school...

Lisa Christine said...

I was thinking about your girls earlier and trying to remember what grades they were going into next year. I can't believe that Abby is going to be a middle schooler! Time flies :)

David said...

i've been doing one click. i don't want to raise suspicions by overdoing it, remember that they shut lisa down. does lisa click for you too? and susan?

Jeanette said...

My oldest is going into Jr. High too. Bitter sweet. Have a great summer.

dani said...

oh, heidi, they grow up so quickly. katherine's middle school years are a blur!!! don't forget to enjoy every minute of it.
how fun that they have had such great activities here at the end of school; they were too cute for pj day:)
much love,
dani xxxx