Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things I love...

I don't have much to post and it's a rainy day and it's making me pensive. So, I figured I would do a silly fluff post. I am just going to simply list a few of the things that I love. A little glimpse into what makes me, well, me.

*Jim Henson and his Muppets. There is a huge traveling Muppet Museum and they are in Seattle until July and I just can't miss it.

*Fresh garden tomatoes

*Between 5 and 6 AM during the summer...so crisp and clean. You can't find better air!

*Fondue. Cheese, broth, oil, and CHOCOLATE! I went to a fondue party last Friday and I want more. Gotta get a pot...where did Jeff's target gift card go?....

*Peonies. I think they are, next to roses, the most beautiful flower. I want large quantities in my yard someday.

*Disneyland. LOVE. I want to retire there. I want to be the little old lady that sits in Main Street everyday and watches the crowds go by. It is the best place. I live to go to Disneyland.

*Real BBQ. I am a snob actually. I'll eat it all, but to really enjoy it, it's gotta be the real deal. Smoke ring, dry rub, wet rub, apple wood, hickory wood, I like it all, but it's got to be authentic.

*Cats. I am a cat person through and through. I like dogs too, but cats are my favorite.

*Vegetables. I don't think I've ever had one I don't like.

*Movies. I see about 6 a week. All kinds.

*Enter Sandman. I can't hear it with out turning it up really LOUD!

There it is. Just a little bit of me. What are some things about you that make you, well, you?

13 comments:

Alicia said...

What a good post. I may have to do one of my own...a lot of them would be really random, but it could be fun.

SuzanSayz said...

Heidi did you know that Holdene is living your fantasy life?
She has a yearly Disneyland Membership, and quite often her way to relax and have a lovely day is to go to Disneyland with a good book and just sit on a bench on Main Street and read and just watch all of the people. Maybe you can take over for her when she retires.

Brooke said...

Love this post! Always fun learning new things about people.

I am sorry that I get to go to Disneyland tomorrow.

Thistledew Farm said...

We could be sisters - enough similarities without being the same. Can do withou Sandman, love books more than movies, prefer dogs to cats, but other than that I was shaking my head YES as I read...especially the smell of the air at 6am!

Terri said...

What a fun post! :) I think I may have missed your e-mail and I have a package that wants to come to your house! :) So, drop me a note at trp100329(at)cs.com - replace (at) with @ - and I'll get that on the way!

Terri said...

Got your address and deleted it from my comments so you won't have stalker issues. :) Gotta look out for my peeps! Your package will go out tomorrow if they don't keep me late at the hospital.

David said...

good list!

Jeanette said...

Great list. It made me think. I wonder what really does make me ME. I will have to get back to you on that one.

Lisa Christine said...

My mom is that 'old' lady who sits on Main street and watches the crowds go by!

lol!

David said...

my adsense balance is around $34 right now. at first i was getting about a dollar a click, but i suspected it was a teaser to keep me using it, because soon after and until yesterday i have only been earning a few cents per click. but then yesterday one click got me $1.56. so go figure. basically it has been growing at a snail's pace and i don't foresee ever reaching the $100 required for a payout, though it is my goal.

dani said...

what a wonderful post, heidi:))) we share many of the same loves... (actually most;)!!!
much love,
dani xxx
ps i've never been to disneyland, though i have frequented "world". it too is a very magical place:D

libbie said...

i'm right there with you on the vegetable thing, but cats . . . cats are worthless . . .. DO NOT like cats . . . sorry. i was born this way.

Terri said...

Your package went out this morning! :) Sorry it took so long - it's been a bear at the hospital this week, and I've been there late every day.