Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Looky what I've got!


Yup, and I get to keep him until 4:30 this afternoon! His name is Parker and he is a treat of a baby. He so good matured and smiley. He really liked the girls. Abbey said that she gets him from 3:30 till his Dad comes and picks him up.

I think he is being sent to me to warm my heart up to the thought of having a baby boy. I am all girl oriented, and don't try to tell me that boys are soooo much easier. I have seen the exact opposite to be true. If there is a kid screaming in church, I'd put my money on it that it's a boy. I know, I'm not being fair. I know there are plenty of girls that fit that description too. I also see lots of really nice and sweet boys on my family and friends blogs. I guess my reservations come from the old adage, "The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't know." My husband assures me that he was a nice little boy and ours would be too.

I just know that I want a baby. I don't care what gender it is. I can hope, but I'll will love whoever comes our way. I think Parker is here to help me be more open minded. :)

Now, I know that I may get some very opinionated mothers of boys commenting. Just for the record though, I wasn't referring to any of your kids. :)

9 comments:

Alicia said...

He's cute! Have fun today!

Em and Ms said...

Aww, he's so cute! I hope you get another baby soon too.

Lisa Christine said...

He is a beautiful baby!

And for the record, I am all about girls too......but you knew that already :)

Whatever the gender of your baby to be {hopefully soon!} we will love it to pieces!

libbie said...

i am so apprehensive about ever having a boy. i know if i did, i would love him to pieces, but i feel slightly guilty that i have absolutely no desire to have one.

i too, hope you get a baby soon :)

this little boy IS a cutie!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Parker is a doll, lucky you! My experience with boys and girls is this...

Girls seem to be sweet and easy in the beginning, but boy the pre-teen and teen years more then make up for it. Boys are busy and rough as little ones but calm down and are down right enjoyable as pre-teen and teenagers. My point, it doesn't matter the gender, parenting always will have its rough moments.

You are an awesoem MOm and will be to any child...

Debie Spurgeon said...

What a cutie he is!

My opinion on the boy-girl thing is that they all have their moments :)

Brooke said...

The second the tech said we were having a boy (with my second child), my heart just sank. I hated that I felt that way, but I did. Now I couldn't imagine life without BOTH our boys! I'm noticing a little more drama with our daughter and a lot more mischief with our son- I'm still trying to figure out which is worse...

Marilyn said...

I am one of those moms that you speak of who gets defensive of little boys. In my experience, there is just something extra special about the bond between a mother and her son, and I love that special relationship.

But, there are equally special things about raising girls...so I would just like to say that I hope you get the opportunity to experience both!

dani said...

i'm certain that if you had a baby boy, he'd be a keeper!!! parker, is precious:)
love,
dani