Monday, December 7, 2009

Can you guess what I made?

On Saturday we made the trek to our corner tree lot and picked out our Christmas tree. It was so cold. The whole time I was thinking about how soon I could get my hands on some coco.

And yet, I was left thinking about something else. Something that was made for coco, among other things. So, I made some...
Did you guess marshmallows?


They were actually pretty easy to make. They tasted better than any marshmallow I've ever eaten. You can find the recipe for the coco here, but I suggest using all milk chocolate chips. That is, unless you really like the semi-sweet taste. The marshmallow recipe is here. You could add any flavor you want in the end. I think peppermint or coconut would be yummy.

12 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Fun! Those look yummy, and cocoa is always good when it's cold.

Lisa Christine said...

That looks like a fun afternoon project for me and the girls. Perfect for this cold weather!

Roxanne said...

Those look so great!!! send some over :)

LKP said...

THANK YOU!!!! have been SERIOUSLY craving marshmallows lately, but hadn't the recipe for homemade (which I need in order to avoid the corn starch in the store brands). YOU are a lifesaver! love ya, mean it.

Jen A. said...

mmmm... I wonder... do you think those would hold up to being dipped in chocolate or are they too sticky??

Amy J. said...

I did not know it was possible to make homemade marshmallows...leave it to you miss woman of the kitchen to figure out a way to do it! :)

SuzanSayz said...

I don't think Jeff has made it over here yet with MY marshmallows. I just might make some peppermint ones and coat them in chocolate.

Jen A. said...

thanks~ I'm going to give it a whirl.

Jen A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

OMG, It never occurred to me to make my own marshmallows! Peppermint ones would be delish!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you MADE marshmallows! I would never even think to make them. You're so creative.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to sign my name. That last comment was by Mel. :)