Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner

I know, I'm behind. I'm just having the hardest time getting myself jump started into the holidays. I was all gun ho for Halloween and then it just kind of petered out. I just don't feel the Christmas spirit yet. Maybe when I get the decorations up this weekend I'll change my mind.

It might also have something to do with having Jeff gone during the week. He's only home on the weekends and it's a mad dash to get everything done that we need to. I think I'm just feeling a little bit blue. I'm going to try to make it a little better though. I think I'll make some treats today... or take a nap. NO! No nap! Fight the urge!

OK, here's the pictures from our Thanksgiving meal. The plates use to be my moms. I was able to complete the set though. Lots of searching and thrift.

I didn't get to use all of my pretty serving wear this year. When we were condensing the kitchen, that was the fist stuff to go. So, the table isn't as picture perfect I like it to be for Thanksgiving.

The girls also got a gift. They were such big helps the day before, they totally deserved it. They wanted fuzzy socks and could talk of nothing else for the last two weeks. I found a great deal at Walmart. Lindsay stayed in her PJ's the whole day...everyday. She didn't wear regular clothes until school started back up.

8 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

It really does thrill me to see how much you have made of those plates that I gave you. It never would have seemed possible to me that matching plates as well as the smaller dessert/salad plates would be so easily found. I'm sure the plates are loving being front and center as opposed to sitting in one of my cupboards gathering dust.

David said...

mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm good!

Brooke said...

It looks like a great spread! I'm "hosting" Christmas dinner for my husband's family this year (for the first time) and I'm taking notes from your cooking posts and now of your table! :)

The flight attendant post is under The Flight Attendant Chronicles: Part 4, in August. Here is the link:
http://thamesclan.blogspot.com/2009/08/flight-attendant-chronicles-part-4.html

I hope you enjoy it, I answered all the questions you asked! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I wish I could have been there! :)
~ Mel

Jeanette said...

Everything looks yummy. I am with Lindsay-p.j.s are the way to go. Did she wear them at the Thanksgiving table? If so, I'm jealous.

Where is Jeff working these days?

Jeanette said...

Everything looks yummy. I am with Lindsay-p.j.s are the way to go. Did she wear them at the Thanksgiving table? If so, I'm jealous.

Where is Jeff working these days?

Stephanie said...

The love you put into your families Thanksgiving is evident from menu right down to the beautifully set table.
I hope this Christmas your dreams are on there way to being fufilled.

Heidi D said...

Yes Lindsay wore pj's to the table. She was so happy, I didn't have the heart to tell her to change.