Friday, July 16, 2010

End of the school year

I know, school has been out for a while. I still need to talk about the notables.

Lindsay had her end of school 4th grade concert. She got all spiffied up and lookin' good. Oh ya, she curled her own hair, so proud. She sang her little heart out and hand gestured with the best of them.


I have to let you know, I do not like going to those concerts. They pack that gym so full that if you don't arrive early enough (at least 30 min) you're going to stand for the whole thing. It then gets really hot and at times smelly. I sometimes get a little antsy around large confined crowds. I went though, cuz I love her!

Abbey had received a special award at the end of the year from her school. She was nominated and selected for a Citizenship Award by her teachers. This is a really special honor since it comes from the teachers that see her everyday. Only two other kids were selected to receive this. I attended the awards ceremony and I was so proud. I always new Abbey was kind, helpful, respectful, and just an all around great kid. Now, I have a paper to prove she's bona fide!

3 comments:

LKP said...

awesome!
"Ye shall know them by their fruits."
matthew 7:16
by golly, we know do! =)
congrats girls.

LKP said...

**and we do**
(sheesh! "we know do"?!?! oy. sorry. apparently seth & daisy need to come home. their being away is turning my brain into soup!!! lol.)

Amy said...

Congrats to Abby! Teachers love good students. Anna is adored by her teachers because most middle-school children are loud and disruptive (Yes Sadie is one of those).