Friday, January 2, 2009

Livin' on a Prayer!!! Lindsay style.

For Christmas one of the gifts we got was the second American Idol game for the Wii. We have played it almost every day since getting it. I don't think I like it as much as the first. I like the song choices better on the first one.

Anyway, what's good about this one is the songs Lindsay is favoring. She heard me sing this Bon Jovi number and really liked it. Now it's part of her regular set. Lindsay is very open to trying new stuff. Abbey on the other hand will only sing Since you've been gone and Who knew. We're trying to get her to branch off.

Lindsay does such a good job of Livin' on a Prayer. She wanted me to take a video. She was kind of shy at first, knowing that she was being video taped and all. The girl warmed up pretty quick though. I still think she was holding back a bit. Maybe next time she can wear leggings with a large off the shoulder sweatshirt belted around the middle.




So, what did you think? Do I have a super star or what? She just cracks me up on a daily basis. Next video will be Abbey singing Enjoy the Silence. Maybe if I tell her that uncle Mike loves that song she'll be more inclined to learn it.

BTW, this is a print done by Amy Mebberson. She is on Etsy. She is great. She used to be a Disney artist. If you look at her work you can see a strong Disney influence. I think this one has a touch of Mary Blair.

I don't know if I can have her artwork on my blog or not. Probably not. I just thought it was so cool and embodied my vision of Lindsay, if she were a hip chick in the 80's. If the image disappears, it's because I have to take it down. :)
We had a great New Years Eve and Day. I am going to get that post together maybe next week.

11 comments:

Jan said...

She is doing a great job with that song. I love that song.

We have that on Rockband. It is always stuck in my head too. She should do real good at the American Idol tryouts. Woo Hoo.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wait.. Enjoy The Silence is on this version of American Idol? Gonna have to Get that one!!

Lindsay, that was awesome! I can't wait to Duet with you soon!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Look at Lindsay bust some moves!

SuzanSayz said...

I've said it a million times before and I'm sure I'll say it at least a million times more,
I LOVE THAT KID!!!!!!!

Jeanette said...

Rock On Super Star!

libbie said...

definite superstar! love the dance moves too!

dani said...

that was awesome, lindsay!!! i do believe she has the whole package, heidi:) how fun... can't wait to see abbey strut her stuff, ha!!!
i'm thrilled your holidays were good and that you were able to mobilize in the snow:P
love,
dani

Amy J. said...

A star has been born! :) I want to know when they will come out with a singing game WITH the dance mat so you can dance at the same time!

I love your new year's resolutions...I think I may have to add some of yours to my list.

Kelly said...

Yes, I immensely enjoyed the very energetic performance of my little niece.

I also call dibs on the first performance of Enjoy the Silence when I get there.

Abbey D said...

Kelly, lou-lou dibs to sing Livin' on a Prayer after you sing,

Abbey D said...

Oh, and I can't wait till you get here!